Marx Engels Monument

The Marx-Engels Monument was part of the former Marx-Engels Forum, a public park near Alexanderplatz. The park was created by the authorities of the former German Democratic Republic (GDR) in 1986.
Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, the authors of the 1848 Communist Manifesto, are considered two of the most influential figures of the socialist movement.
The inscription „We are (not) guilty“ spray-painted on the base of the monument after the fall of the Berlin Wall has since been removed.

Veröffentlicht in City